Wednesday 2 January 2013

Doom Charts for 01/02/13


Ah, the first doom chart of 2013.  Welcome the new year with 25 great songs, follow through the links and have a listen!  

2012 was a good year for me personally, better than the last two years, that's for sure.  For this blog though, 2012 was the birth year.  When I started this thing I truly didn't think anybody would find it.  I imagined it being my own dark little corner of the internet that I would have all to myself.  Then something strange happened.  After about a week or two in the comforting shadows a couple great bands (Venomous Maximus & Bison, Bison.  I'll never forget it) found my reviews and shared them with their fans.  How the hell did they even find me?  From there the readership just grew and it has been growing steadily ever since.  Hopefully I've been able to introduce people to some new music and provided some worthy bands with a slightly larger platform than they would have had had I not been around to spread the word.  Anyway, here's to a great year ahead.  Enjoy ...

Top 25 Songs
#). Song Title (artist/album)
  1. Searching (Three Seasons / Understand The World)
  2. Blackbird (Dwellers / Good Morning Harakiri)
  3. Haywire (Gandhi's Gunn / The Longer the Beard the Harder the Sound)
  4. Season of Decay (Ice Dragon / Season of Decay single)
  5. At Midnight [I'll Steal Your Soul] (From Beyond / The Color Out of Space EP)
  6. House of Death (Witchcoven)
  7. Vodun pt.II - I, Zombie (Abrahma / Through the Dusty Paths of Our Lives)
  8. Everything Divine (Seamount / Earthmother)
  9. The Job (Five Horse Johnson / The Taking of Blackheart)
  10. The Megalodon (Corrosion of Conformity / Megalodon EP)
  11. Jack Staff (Greenleaf / Nest of Vipers)
  12. Cosmic Cruiser X (Mage / Black Sands)
  13. Rivertown (Bison, Bison / ST)
  14. Old Sparky (Heat / Old Sparky)
  15. Cosmonauts (Axxicorn / 7" single)
  16. A Better Way (Manlord / ST)*
  17. I Am Thunder (Mammoth Thunderpower / I Am Thunder EP)
  18. Lichtritter (Talis / G.L.O.T.)
  19. Taste of Hate (The Quartet of Woah! / Ultrabomb)*
  20. Milk (White Bone Rattle / Creature of Curiosity)
  21. Understanding Ouroboros (Ice Dragon / A Gallery of Rogues comp.)
  22. Amaranth [demo] (Windhand / Hymns from the House of Horror comp.)
  23. 13 Liter Bohrmaschine (Voltron / Kaventsmann)*
  24. Two Gods / Caput Algol (Electric Taurus / 7" single)
  25. Caminando En La Luna (Demonauta / Caminando En La Luna EP)
* New Song

Outgoing songs:
"Can't Get Where I Belong" by Mos Generator
"Tribe of the Cosmic Crow Giant" by Spectral Haze
"The Hidden Masters" by The Sword

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...